Friday 20 January 2012

Riddle Me This

1)     Daniel, my son, is exactly one fifth my age. In 21 years time, I will be exactly twice his age. My wife is exactly seven times older than my daughter, Jessica. In 8 years time, my wife will be three times older than Jessica. How old are Daniel and Jessica now?

2)     The priest in my hometown told us that on a particular day he would walk on water for 30 minutes. The lake was not dry and we all observed the priest actually walking on water.

3)     Captain is to Private as to Master is to...

4)     What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?

5)     I give you a group of three. One is sitting down, and will never get up. the second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry. the third goes away and never returns.

ANSWERS:
1)     Daniel is 7 and Jessica is 4 years old.
2)     It was winter and the lake was frozen.
3)     Slave.
4)     The letter "M".
5)     Stove, fire and smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment